You may remember this post about a shirt that I made for myself and then accidentally cut a hole in it doing some late night sewing. wah wah
Well that shirt is now this dress -
The pattern is the Oliver + S Tea Party Sundress. They rate the pattern as 1 out of 4 scissors (so, easy). I'm not sure I agree. Yes, the dress sews up pretty quickly... that is until you get to the facing. This isn't hard per se, but it's a bit confusing. You have to hand stitch the facing to the dress, which is time consuming.
The pattern designer writes a tutorial here, which I would recommend if you need help with the facing. Or you could skip this step all together and finish it with bias tape like I did when I made this dress for Indigo last summer.
This was my first attempt at making bloomers. The swear factor on these was surprisingly high, as they look relatively easy. The leg binding was a little tricky. I would recommend cutting the bias strip 1/2" larger and serging (rather than folding) the edge.
Liesl (the pattern designer) writes great instructions and her patterns really are like taking a sewing class. I highly recommend them and learned a lot making this dress.
Ode to My Sewing Machine
Sewing machine, oh, sewing machine
how I have missed you!
My cares melt away as we work together.
You enable me to get something done that actually stays done.