Then Tarikua broke her arm. And we had a leak in our plumbing that was coming though our ceiling. And Dan had some big things come up at work. Kids clothes week took a back seat to the more important work I had to do- like figuring out how the heck you quell the itching inside a cast!
There were a few quiet moments, after the wee ones were tucked into bed, that I was able to do a little sewing. A few minutes here and a few minutes there over a week's time added up to one romper.
we call this 'cheesy smile!!!'
I had planned to try out a different romper pattern that I own, but I only bought a half yard of this fabric and didn't have nearly enough for the new pattern. So I stuck with the pattern I already knew and loved. It was a tight squeeze, getting all of the pieces to fit on that half yard, but it worked in the end!
After I sewed the romper together, I felt it was missing something. I thought about adding ruffles, but decided on rick rack instead. It was an understated version of this.
I used four simple, somewhat translucent blue buttons on the back.
I love the way the light illuminates her hair in this photo.
When I blogged about this pattern the first time, I forgot to say the cutting layout is wrong, as well as some of the grain line markings. So if you use this pattern, be aware of that before you cut out your pieces.
I loved using this Liberty of London lawn (fabric). My machine wasn't crazy about it, but I love the drape. It gave the romper such a light and flouncy look and feel.
And that's all I've got for kids clothes week!