When I was brainstorming ideas for the KCWC, the first thing I knew
I was going to make was a t-shirt-to-dress refashion
that I pinned from Meg's fantastic tutorial board
. I also knew I would save this one for near the end, because it was quick and easy and I might be losing steam. Not losing steam from sewing. Oh no - losing steam from my house being overtaken
while I sew. Yes, that is the problem. By the end of the week, it looked like a tornado blew through and that is no exaggeration.
Using this tutorial
, I took a shirt that didn't fit me and turned it into this dress.
I took off one of the sleeves with a seam ripper, unpicked the center seam and made it into the pocket.
In the past, I've had lots of trouble sewing knits, even on my serger. Following this tutorial
, I had no problems at all this time - even without using a walking foot like she suggested.
A new dress in under an hour. I'm not gonna argue with that.
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I generally respond to comments via email. If your profile does not link to your email account, I try to respond here. :)